Friday, January 30, 2015

Ben Carson

Ben Carson 


  • Born in the slums of Detroit, in deep poverty.
  • His mother and father divorced.
  • His mother came from a family of 24 children.
  • His mother couldn't read.
  • His mother raised Ben and his brother, Curtis.
  • Ben was the worst student in his grade school class.
  • Ben then became top student in his school.
  • Ben became a world renown doctor. 

Student Success Statement
A Choice: Poverty or Prosperity
"I hated poverty.
 Poverty is more of a choice than anything else,
 and I can change that (poverty). 
It depends upon how hard I want to work, 
and I decided that I would change that."
Dr. Ben Carson

Reflection: I very much agree with Dr. Carson because it is always your choice whether you do something about it or not. Say that you want to be known with a good name when you are older, You can not achieve that is you sit around doing nothing about it. To achieve it, you need to work hard and really want it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment