Thursday, November 20, 2014

Thanksgiving Day

Thanksgiving Day

-Thanksgiving is a day celebrated in the United States every fourth Thursday of November. It became an official holiday in 1863. On this day Americans gather for a grand feast to give thanks for all they have. The first thanksgiving was celebrated by the Pilgrims after their first harvest in the new world in 1621. The first feast lasted three days, and was attended by 90 Native Americans and 53 Pilgrims. Thanksgiving was founded as a religious observance for all the members of the community for give thanks to God for a common purpose.

Reflection: I believe thanksgiving is a wonderful day to celebrate because most people do not say thanks you enough for all that they have. This day is to reflect about all you have gone through and say thank you that you were still able to see another year. Here are some things I am grateful for:

  • My health and well-being.
  • The health and well-being of my family and friends.
  • The fact that my grandmother is out of the hospital and doing well.
  • I have a roof over my head.
  • We have food on the table.
  • Being loved by those around me.
  • I am thankful for being able to see another year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment