Wednesday, March 18, 2015

What's On My Mind

What's On My Mind?

   One thing that is very concerning to me right now is the CAHSEE all sophomores are required to take to be able to graduate from high school. I have already taken the CAHSEE but my fear is that I barely passed it. I would have liked to pass the test with flying colors. The test was not very difficult per-say but what got me on edge was the fact that we were stuck in a room for a bit more than two hours. Sitting in the same seat. With the same people. In a stand still silence. Another thing that concerns me is this horrible drought we are having in California. The news says it is the worst drought we have ever had and that is very nerve wrecking if you ask me. People tend to be on edge wondering what the heck is going on when it is 80-90 degrees then it starts sprinkling out of nowhere. Something that also puts me on edge is the new Insurgent movie coming out this month. I know the movie will be awesome, but the bad this that I read the book the movie is based on and the movie is almost nothing like the book and really gets me mad because i loved the book. Another alarming news is the fact that Pakistan executes 12 people in one day and there are promises that there will be more. They had also hung 10 people who were sentenced to death in murder cases. Authorities are also planning to execute more convicted criminals in the upcoming weeks. Also on the news, a U.S. Air Force veteran has been indicted by a federal grand jury in Brooklyn for attempting to join the Islamic militant group ISIS. My main question is how can we trust people to protect us if they are out there wanting to join the enemy? All these things happening in the world are enough to give a young teenager white hairs from worrying.

No comments:

Post a Comment