Thursday, April 9, 2015

Licensed Practical Nurse

Licensed Practical Nurse 

Image result for licensed practical nurse
Duties and Responsibilities: Licensed practical and licensed vocational nurses typically do the same thing. They must monitor a patient's health for example the blood pressure. They must administer basic patient care, including changing bandages and inserting catheters. Provide for basic comfort of patients, such as helping them bathe or dress. They must discuss the care they are providing with the patient and listen to their concerns. Report patient's status and concerns to registered nurses and doctors. They must also keep records on patients' health.

Salary: $41,000+ per year.

Education; LPNs and LVNs must complete an approved educational program. These programs award a certificate or diploma and typically take about a year to complete, but may take longer. After completing a state-approved educational program, prospective LPNs and LVNs can take the National Council Licensure Examination and in passing the exam they will receive a certificate and work as an LPN or LVN.

Reflection; Do you thing you would like to become one? Why or why not?
-This career opportunity appeals to me because I want to enter into the medical field when I grow up. This particular job, though, is not what I would like to be. I would like to be a Registered Nurse. Although I would love to help take care of people and make them feel better, I think I would be best in a position of higher ranking.

No comments:

Post a Comment